points - Details)
6 months’ free digital access included! See inside for details.
This review manual prepares students to successfully pass the ANCC Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner board certification examination. It encompasses all of the essential knowledge required, uses a succinct outline format that highlights critical detail, and systematically follows the test blueprint so that those taking the exam will be optimally prepared.
The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certification Review Manual begins with an overview of the certification examination, self-care, and test tips; the role of the psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner, scope of practice, and regulations; and the theoretical foundations of care. Other topics examined include the neuroanatomy and physiology of mental illness; psychopharmacology; and physical assessment, diagnostic tests, and differential diagnosis. A wide range of psychiatric disorders, as organized in the DSM-5, are also reviewed. Each of the chapters include learning objectives and end-of-chapter review questions. The review manual concludes with a 150-question practice test.
- Reflects the latest ANCC test blueprint
- Includes test-taking strategies and tips for preparing for the big day; scope of practice; and theoretical foundations of care
- Covers a wide range of psychiatric disorders, as organized in the DSM-5
- Includes end-of-chapter review questions and rationales PLUS a valuable 150-question practice test with rationales―more than 400 questions in total
- Publisher: Springer Publishing